1. If you could collab with any YouTuber right now who would it be? And why?
There are some many Youtubers I’d love to collab with. If I had to pick one, I think it would probably be Alisha Marie. Her lifestyle videos really inspired me and recently I had the chance to meet her in person at the Streamy Awards and she was super sweet and kind.
2. What do you think the hardest thing was about starting your own YouTube channel?
When I first started my YouTube channel about 2 years ago I was still in public school and it was really hard to deal with bullying and hate. I actually did a video talking about it.
3. What or who inspired you to become a YouTube?
Many things inspired me to become a YouTuber. I grew up watching YouTube and I remember coming home from school everyday and looking forward to watching my favorite Youtubers on my little Ipad. This really inspired me to start my channel.
4. What do you think you would be doing if youtube didn’t exist?
Definitely be singing, acting and playing my guitar way more!
5. If you could give advice to other people about starting a YouTube channel what would it be?
Believe in yourself, post videos you’d like to watch and don’t listen to negativity!
6. What is your favorite video that you have made so far and which video had been fun to make?
My favorite video of all times is “how teens get ready,” I feel like I was totally being myself and my Sophienatics really loved it!
7. What is the most important part of the youtube video that gets people to watch and subscribe? Ex: clickbait, title, intro etc.
I really think that the most important thing is showing your personality. Of course you need to post good content, but the YouTuber’s personality is key.
8. What advice would you give to someone who wants to be successful in YouTube like you?
I get a lot of requests from my fans (Sophienatics), they make amazing suggestions and requests. I make my videos for them so it only make sense that they decide what they want to watch.
9. What would you want to say to all your subscribers that really look up to you and find you as a inspiration?
TBH, you guys are the reason! I love making videos, it’s my passion to film and edit but the feeling of reading your comments and fan mails really make me the happiest girl in the planet! xoxo
Sophie Michelle, 13
Interviewed by Alyssa, 14